Wednesday, August 18, 2004

New funk generation band


Drummer © Copyright 2004 Mojoey

I watched this guy play for thirty minutes on my last trip to San Francisco in July. He claimed that the SFPD was out to get him. They wanted to shut him down. The crowd laughed. Everyone thought it a part of his act. Heck, they way he told it, it was funny. Then the cops came. Or should I say, the big fat nasty cop came. She treated this poor guy like a common criminal. It was embarrassing to watch. Fortunately, the crowd of people who had been enjoying his music spoke up for him. The cop left after admonishing the drummer to stay behind “the property line”. It was stupid, no, I take that back, it was very stupid. We were on at a public square on Market Street. People were hanging around enjoy the sunshine and show. Fortunately, the drummer played on. He was good. I dropped a fin on him before I left.