Saturday, January 01, 2005

I Swear by all that is holy...




I will not eat another McRib pseudo pork sandwich again. It is, quite simple, a heart attack pill. For a fat man like me, it is like playing Russian roulette with an automatic. They are delicious, but I’d rather have pork ribs thank you. I’m not even sure what is in a McRib; It’s not rib meat. I tired to find it on the McDonalds website, but they do not give it up. According to Josh Eiserik you can find out by calling McDonald’s toll free number. It had better be pork!

What is this heart attack pill they call a McRib? It is 490 calories, 25 fat grams, 44 carbohydrate grams and 24 protein grams. Add 520 calories for a Large French Fries, along with 25 fat grams, 70 carbohydrate grams, and 6 protein grams, plus a “healthy” diet soda and you get…. Fat.

There are actually fan sites that petition McDonalds to bring back the McRib. And a few that worship it as the best sandwich made. I think these guys are fat too.

I must resist – No McRibs in 2005. No McRibs in 2005!

1 comment:

Nathan Frampton said...

Interesting blog.

You may want to check out my blog "Framptonia" at nathanframpton.blogspot.com, I think you would find it interesting. I have a few contributors. We all have different views so there are some great discussions.

You may also want to try blog explosion to get more readers on your blog. The more Blogs you read, the more traffic you get. I have a blog explosion link on my blog if you want to check it out.