Monday, July 03, 2006

Had a Dat – Dr. Israel

I picked up the new Sublime DVD "Look At All The Love We Found – A Live Tribute to Sublime" a few days ago at the new Tower Records store in Buena Park. The DVD package has a bonus CD containing 9 live tracks recorded during the concert. Dr. Israel performs a kick ass version of Had A Dat. This one song is worth the price of the whole DVD ($19.95).

The DVD is great – my wife is also a Sublime fan, it was funny to hear her ask “who is that” every time a new band took the stage. Fishbone, Blackalicious, The Ziggens, Los Lobos, Long Beach Shortbus, and Bargain Music to name a few – they all rocked. This DVD is a great addition to my concert collection, and to my Sublime collection.

Speaking of my concert collection, my son and I watched Stevie Ray Vaughan play Texas Flood today on his Live in Austin DVD. We’ve been playing Guitar Hero together and can’t seem to get past the medium level on Texas Flood. After watching SRV play, we have a much better understanding of what it will take. He was a god, we are air guitar mortals.


Technorati Tags: , , ,