Monday, September 04, 2006

R.I.P Steve Irwin

The Crocodile Hunter has died - Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin Killed
BRISBANE, Australia Sep 4, 2006 (AP)— Steve Irwin, the hugely popular Australian television personality and environmentalist known as the "Crocodile Hunter," was killed Monday by a stingray during a diving expedition. He was 44.
What a shame - my son and I loved Steve. I even own a snake because of him. I am sure my son's desire to become a veterinarian in due in large part to Steve and the other people like him at the discovery channel. I am going to have to tell my son of Steve's passing soon, I don't think doing so will be much fun.

The Discovery Channel has a statement mourning Steve's loss.
Our entire company is deeply saddened by the tragic and sudden loss of Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter. Steve was beloved by millions of fans and animal lovers around the world and was one of our planet's most passionate conservationists. He has graced our air since October 1996 and was essential in building Animal Planet into a global brand.
There is a community forum at the Discovery Channel where people are expressing their grief at his passing. The forum is bursting with expressions of sympathy for the Irwin family.

The Crocodile Hunter website appears to be down - maybe forever.

R.I.P Steve Irwin, and thanks for all the wildlife fun and memories.

Technorati Tags: ,


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve, you were a great character and the world aches already without your presence. You touched many lives with your enthusiasm and passion for nature. God has chosen to take you early for whatever reason and our hearts go out to your family and friends at this sad time.