Sunday, October 22, 2006

Let the smear begin

David Kou appears to be the real deal. A Christian that cares about helping people. A Christian with ethics and character. A Christian with a powerful new book that I intend to read. I've watch the press glob on to Kou's story. As a skeptic - I'll wait until after the facts are in before I pronounce any kind of judgement. The press on the other hand, they've jumped in with both feet. I don't blame them. Kou is saying something that I have long suspected; Bush and his posse are power mad and two faced.

I expected the counter attack to come from the religious right, and it has:

The assaults have already started coming in from the White House’s conservative allies. Christian evangelical leaders James Dobson, Tony Perkins, and Chuck Colson were to quick to criticize Kuo while defending Bush.

In the latest attack, an article entitled “David Kuo: An Addition to the Axis of Evil,” Jason T. Christy, the publisher of The Church Report (and once nominated to head the Bush-friendly Christian Coalition), lobs many of the accusations that Kuo predicted:

Source: Think Progress - Prominent right-wing activist Smears Kuo as member of "Axis of Evil"

There are over 140 comments at the source of the quote I use above. When I was reading articles for this post, I found that Think Progress had captured my thinking as well as I could. But the comments were icing on the cake that I cannot provide. They are entertaining and worth a few minutes of your time. I'll leave you with another quote:

Questioning the faith and motivation of this administration is wrong.

That’s quite disturbing.

Source: Comment by Ugh — October 16, 2006 @ 3:42 pm