Sunday, January 21, 2007

Hookah boy

I smoked a hookah on Thursday evening with my Egyptian friend Paul and a few other coworkers. It was a first for me and had been on my "things to do before I check out" list for a long time. As a long time cigar smoker, I found the experience interesting. The inhaling was new, it reminds me of hitting a bong (not that I ever), except I was smoking apple flavored tobacco. My friend Paul and I passed the hose around while drinking fine single malt scotch and telling stories. He brought his hookah along on our business trip just so I could try it. He had purchased it while visiting his family in Egypt on his last vacation. It was an authentic Egyptian hookah, and beautiful too. He promised he would give me one as a gift when his cousin visits in a few weeks. I think I'm going to like it.