Friday, April 04, 2008

Blogroll Update: Conclusions Worth Jumping To

We passed 625 blogroll members with the addition of Conclusions Worth Jumping To. The author was kind enough to provide an introduction.

Humanity is caught up in short term strategies to survive and meet the status quo.  The methods that we use to teach, how we design and build, what our dreams are made of have become just like our technology ... disposable.  I am constantly asking myself, why are we here and WTF are we doing?  We need to look as far into the possible future as possible and design and live our lives as if humanity actually depended upon our efforts.  It does!

I don't often write about religion or atheism, but I'm convinced that religion and faith-based belief is to blame for part of our problems.  Even a short term solution over a person's lifetime is better than one that serves an implausible afterlife.  I am very interested in extremely long-term solutions and perspectives regarding modern challenges.  It is likely that the next millennia will either result in our self-termination or a new expansion.   I'd like to do what I can as an engineer and scientist to ensure the latter and writing is currently the best method that I have.

Please drop in and greet our newest member.