Monday, May 12, 2008

Feed the Muse: Banksy, Barely Legal

It is not what you think. Banksy is an artist. Barely Legal was  a show he put on in various cities, including Los Angeles.

I'm a fan of stencil art, which makes me a fan of Bansky. Take a few minutes to browse Bansky's outdoor installments. They are sardonic masterpieces.

Stencil art is subversive by nature. One finds it posted in out-of-the-way places like freeway underpasses, light fixtures, and on the back of street signs. Once you start to look for it you will find it all over.

My favorite Banksy works are from Palestine.

Technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

Rev. BigDumbChimp said...

Awesome. As a resident of the starting city for "Andre the Giant has a posse" sticker and stencil work, I love it.

Anonymous said...

I have a tattoo of his Flower Chucker on my arm. Banksy rocks