Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A story from my day

Yesterday I bought a Diet Dr Pepper from a small kitchenette. As I checked out, I noticed that the cashier was wearing a large silver cross. I saw a bible on the counter next to her. I was alone. The place was quite. She smile at me and said hi, I returned her greeting. I had the drink in one hand and a dollar in the other. The moment felt odd. I knew something was coming from the way she looked at me.

Instead taking the dollar from my hand, she reached for the bible. She said, "I'll give you a discount if you let me share a verse from the bible with you." I declined politely. She tried again with, "OK, how about I give it to you for free? It is only one verse, I promise."

I dropped the dollar on the counter and walked out without talking to her. Christians are so frustrating. How would you have handled this situation?