Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fundie blindness

I had a supporter of Pastor Claude Wallace leave this message on a post about Wallace sending illicit text messages to a 17-year-old girl back in 2007. The message was left today. 

I am a member of Mt. Sinai and we are not looking for a new pastor we are gonna stick by our pastor because we know he was set up by someone

I’ve lost track of this case. Wallace was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor and unlawful use of a telephone. I assume his case is still pending, although it might have been resolved by now. If anyone has an update, please send it my way.

This is Pastor Wallace and one of the messages he is alleged to have sent to the underage girl.

wallace Wallace2

I don’t understand how Wallace was setup by someone. Especially since he admitted to sending the messages during his interview with police.

“I told him if it was a forward it would show that and then he recanted and he admitted to sending the texts,” said Detective Bryan Louis. “He said he had a moment of weakness.”

He apparently had a moment of weakness 20 times in two months. That would make it a serial moment of weakness, which is more like a character flaw of such magnitude that freaky Baptist pedophile pastor comes to mind. Or maybe 17 is considered of age to a Baptist Pastor?

One last bit of paranoia from Wallace (video)

"I know somebody's behind this, but Jesus had haters, but you know with prayer we are going to get through this and good always overcomes evil," Wallace said.

I mean seriously… WTF?