Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Atheist testimonials

I read this today in the Detroit Free Press. I thought I would share. I’m and atheist, so what? By Peter Jurich.

I was at work when someone brought up that I am an atheist.

A nearby coworker nearly had a heart-attack.

"You are?" she asked. "But ... you're such a ... good person!"

In the words of Oneita: Oh, my.

I'd like to set the record straight on atheism. Being an atheist opens up my world to the different possibilities I may have otherwise missed. It makes me an accepting individual because it is an exercise in questioning that allows me to explore any and all walks of life.

Atheism breaks down the barriers put up by racism, sexism, xenophobia, and other discrimination because I have an understanding that there is nothing more important (i.e. an invitation into heaven) than the feelings I share with others.

Read More…

I love these little atheist testimonials. I look forward to reading them everyday. Some are better then others, but that's ok. They all tend to inspire. I did not realize I had a new habit until a few days ago when I sat down to read my e-mail. I jumped to the Google filter for this type of message first, just like every other day for a week.

Technorati Tags: