Thursday, June 24, 2010

Time heals all wounds

They say time heals all wounds. I sure hope so. My wounds seem to be getting worse instead of better. I don’t know if it is dealing with the loss of my father or the endless things that must be done to prepare for a funeral. For my small part, I’ve written the obituary, put together the media presentations for the funeral, picked the music, and wrote the eulogy. These tasks seemed small to me when I started them, but I’ve found them to be among the hardest things I’ve ever attempted. The emotional content is just too high. I’ve had no time for music, no time for photography, no time even for poetry, and I always read poetry. I even managed to skip blogging for a few days. I need to get back to it. It helps the healing.

I want to thank those of you who have offered your words of comfort and condolences. Your words helped me through the dark difficult days immediately after my dad’s death and have sustained me while I’ve toiled away at my various tasks. More importantly, you made me laugh and smile at a time when I desperately needed it.

I also want to thank my dear friends Al & Richard. I felt the love when you both reached out to me. Thanks for the thoughts.

And Brian, my friend and boss, I owe you in too many ways to count. Thank you for allowing me the time I needed to get through this. I will never forget your support.

More blogging to follow…

Technorati Tags: ,