Saturday, July 17, 2010

Almost a hole-in-one

My buddy Al and I played a round of disc golf at La Mirada regional park today. I picked up a rare birdie on hole 9. It’s the only hole on the course where I have a chance for a hole-in-one. I’ve bounced off the hole once, and landed past the hole a couple of times. Today I was short of the hole by 40 feet but nailed the birdie putt. I did the happy dance.

Al had a chance at a hole-in-one on 17. He came close enough that it looked like a real possibility. I’m proud of him. He overcame the yips to nail his 10 foot birdie putt.

I posted a 60, Al posted a 64 (Scorecard). It was not my best round, but much better than my last round.

We played at 6:45 am. When we finished at 8:00 am, it was already too hot to play again. It’s been brutal here the last few days, and much too hot to play in the afternoons. I’ll play again tomorrow morning though.

Technorati Tags: