Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My blog is a downer

I go though cycles. For long stretches I post several stories a day. And then… well I get fed up with the depravity. I have 9 pastors waiting in queue who have abused children. I don’t have the heart for it right now. It seems like I’ve posted on a hundred or more of these creeps in the last 60 days. I need a break – hell, I’m taking a break. It’s been light posting for over a week, and it’s likely to continue for a little while.

I was talking with my daughter-in-law about the need for balance and beauty in what I do here on Deep Thoughts. The world is about a lot more than a never ending parade of pedophile pastors. I find that writing about photography or art helps on the beauty side of things, but I need to post on things that offset the depravity. Christians, ex-Christians, and non-theists all do wonderful things that help real people. Take the work of No Longer Quivering or my local charity that feeds the homeless, if I tell a few of their stories, my dark mood will lift. I’ll take some pictures, visit and art museum, and play some disc golf. My dark mood will lift in no time.