Sunday, March 04, 2012

Where do you find inspiration?

I’ve recently started trying to photograph wildlife. I can tell you from personal experience that it is not easy. Out of the hundreds of photos I’ve shot in the last month, perhaps two or three are what I consider technically good photos. None are what I consider aesthetically pleasing. I’ll keep working on my technique, and soon perhaps, I’ll have something worthy of posting. Until then, I’d like to point you to where I find inspiration. It’s the work of other amateur and professional photographers. Today it was a random link via StumbleUpon that lead me to an outstanding series of photos from the the National Wildlife Federation’s 2009 Photo Contest. I love the shot of the fluffed up Indigo Bunting (#3) and the shot of the lion hidden in the grass (#10). Enjoy.

Technorati Tags: ,