Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Chris Christie

I watched Chris Christie's speech last night at the Republican National convention. Besides this weird feeling I had that he was speaking to a future audience, I was mystified by this quote, "Our ideas are right for America and their ideas have failed America." I pay close attention to politics these days. As of today I can truly say that I do not know what "our ideas" mean. On the important issues, all I hear are sound bites with no depth. It's impossible to look closely at Republican ideas because what they talk about is conceptual. There is no plan, or at least no plan that they are sharing. With Obama I know what the Democrats are planning. I may not agree with the plan, but at least I'm able to think about it. Why is it that Republicans don't want me to think?

Technorati Tags: ,