Monday, November 19, 2012

How does one steal Christmas?

I’m trying to steal Christmas? I must not have gotten the memo. Am I supposed to march or something? I hate marching. And why am I always the last to know? Atheists… we need to work on our communications.

But seriously folks, Pat Roberson is a douche. He is a fear mongering and decrepit old hatemonger. Why does anyone listen to him?

The truth is, atheists do not give a rat’s ass about how Christians celebrate Christmas. All we ask is that you don’t trying to make us celebrate your Christmas. As an American, I am free to celebrate Christmas by not celebrating it. I exercise that right every year. Doing so does not hurt Christians at all, nor does it attack Christian’s most cherished commercial holiday. Christians will go shopping on black Friday. The will go to church on Christmas and Christmas Eve, and then, just like most of the rest of America, they will open presents on Christmas morning just like they have for the last 100 years. Move along people. There is nothing to see here.

All Pat Roberson’s inane and hateful pronouncements really do is give me an excuse to update his obituary.

Hat tip: Tana Ganeva at AlterNet