Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Hate speech? Not so much.

A Christian activist group placed a banner over an atheist display at Chicago’s Daley Plaza proclaiming that “A is for Angels.”

The banner covers a sign set up earlier this month by the Freedom From Religion Foundation that explained that an 8.5-foot lighted “A” stood for “atheists” as part of a protest of Christmas-themed items on the public square.

Source: Christian activists show their love by covering Chicago atheist display and berating onlookers

Christians think the “A" in Atheist is hate speech. What the hell? I’ve had Christian friends tell me that even saying that I am an atheist is offensive and disrespectful. To this I say, Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah!

They want us to be more tolerant of Christian values? Us? Wow. This blows my mind.