Sunday, February 26, 2017

It’s sometimes best to wait

When the story of Customs and Border Protection agents first broke, I was horrified. My initial thoughts were that this was somehow linked to Trumps plan to Make America Great again by scaring the crap out of everyone. But I waited… the story was missing an explanation. It was too easy to love.

And… the CBP did have a reason for its actions and the reason seems reasonable.

Customs and Border Protection (CBP) later confirmed the details of the incident. In a statement to VICE News, a spokesperson for the agency said the agents were present because Immigration and Customs and Enforcement (ICE) had asked for help locating an individual “ordered removed by an immigration judge.” Source: Vice News

Show me your papers” is not something Americans like to hear. I can understand the hysteria surrounding the airlines story, but I can’t understand the story about immigration officials questioning Muhammad Ali Jr., when he reentering the US after a trip abroad. I can’t understand ICE pulling Sara Beltran Hernandez, an undocumented El Salvadoran with a brain tumor, out of a hospital in Texas. The news is full of stories that upset me these days, but few upset me more then a bully USA picking on people, citizens or not.